- Status: For Sale
- Furnishings: Furnished
- Pool: Swimming Pool
Curates House is a lovely elevated 4 bedroom home with a charm synonymous with its surroundings.
Curates House is a luxurious 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home, situated on an outstanding elevation affording beautiful sea views along the West Coast and overlooking the charming seaport that is Speightstown. The master bedroom is en suite and is located on the ground floor, and there are a further 2 bedrooms upstairs which share a spacious bathroom. There is also a study on the ground floor which could easily be converted into a fifth bedroom. This is a unique, historic property, thought to have been built over two hundred years ago.
Historic and unique features of the house include; an old liquor room and brick bread oven, both of which are located in the cellars of the property. The property houses a large kitchen, dining room, entertainment room, 4 spacious and impressive bedrooms, one of which is en suite and two further bathrooms, all with up-to-date modern features.
A garden self-contained studio apartment is located within the grounds of the house, featuring a large, covered terrace. The grounds of Curates House feature a beautiful, ocean view diving pool, decking and patio. Curates House is positioned in an idyllic location, being only a 2 minute drive away from all the amenities that Speightstown has to offer, and a 5 minute drive from the beaches at Mullins and Port St. Charles.
- Swimming pool
- Luxury finishes
- Modern conveniences
- Large covered terrace
- Stunning elevated sea views
- Historic and unique features
- Walking distance to the beach
Curates House is within walking distance to charming Speightstown, where all amenities, ocean front restaurants, safe swimming and boutique shopping can be found.
Amenities:Air conditioning, Beach bar close by, Breezy location, Cafe, Ceiling fans, Family location, Gated, Luxury Finishes, Master bedroom en suite, Panoramic views, Plunge Pool, Private location, Restaurants close by, Sea Views, Terrace, Walking distance to beach, Walking distance to shops
- Fisherman's pub: This is one of the best places on island to experience true ‘Bajan’ food, ranging from fish cakes, baked pork to pepperpot beef stew set within an authentic ‘rum shop’ design.
- Arlington House: Housed in a restored eighteenth century building, Arlington House is an interactive three-story museum that is both educational and engaging. Children in particular will love the interactive and audio visual features of the museum and the whole family will enjoy learning about Barbados' heritage.
- Port St Charles Yacht Club: Full service bar and restaurant, with a panoramic view of Port St. Charles beach along the West Coast; has been deservingly coined the phrase ‘Simply Paradise’.
- Archer's Hall Design Centre: Offering unique West Indian pieces within a 17th century showroom.
- Orange Street Corner Grocer: Great European style bistro making fantastic homemade pizzas.
- Speightstown Mall: This mall has a variety of stores ranging from a convenience store, clothing stores, Bank, art gallery, and fruit and vegetable vendors.
- East Moon Restaurant: The only Chinese restaurant on the north of the island within a chattel house at reasonable prices.
- Fish Pot Restaurant: Dining at the Fish Pot restaurant located within Little Good Harbour is a fantastic way to experience the northern side of the country. Set in the small eighteenth-century fort at the water's edge, the restaurant is airy and informal, the restaurant offers a truly gourmet dining experience in delightful surroundings.
- Banking Institutions: There are three banks available in Speightstown, these are Royal Bank of Canada, Republic Bank and First Caribbean International Bank.
- Jordan’s Supermarket: Providing all the items you need to make your stay feel at home.
- Wave Rider: This casual restaurant serves lunch, dinner and drinks with a breathtaking view of the sea.
- Six Men’s Fish Market: A popular fish market provides a fresh variety of fish from dolphin, marlin, tuna and, of course, flying fish. The market becomes alive on Friday night where the adjacent rum shop plays music and serves drink.
- Gallery of Caribbean Art: This prestigious facility hosts numerous exhibitions throughout the year, highlighting the work of the region's finest artists, sculptors and photographers.